Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Good Sightings, Bad Boy








Here are my other sightings from my recent typewriter safari with Richard Polt at Cincy's Riverside Centre and Ohio Valley antique malls. Among the lo-tech pieces- adding machines, a couple of interesting cameras, and a cool reel projector. The more awesome sightings were furniture- very affordable library card catalogues that I was lusting over ("If only I lived in Cincy...") and a really beautiful mid-century mod brasilia credenza/display cabinet that went for $175, if I remember correctly. Sigh. 

__________

I'm currently working on a couple of academic writing deadlines, that means sitting in my office-cum-writing-cave in front of a computer the whole day (incidentally, Richard is also holed-up in his writing cave but luckier him, he's gone finishin' his typewriter book). That said, it was nice to horse around with colleagues one bright morning on our way to a workshop. These installations were at downtown Chicago's Millennium Park. They look quite surreal, especially since they dot various areas of the park. One friend's caption for this pic- "lumberjack" on the right, "bad boy" on the left. He forgot to name the guy in the middle. (:

8 comments:

  1. Great shots! Love the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I know! And how crazy low is that price???

      Delete
    2. yeah, I would totally save my dimes for that. Very reasonable price. (:

      Delete
  3. Wow, I would also love that credenza, and the card cabinets! And the projector... and that Super 8 camera...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the 8-drawer card catalog cabinet! And, come to think of it, you and Richard really do look like a lumberjack and a bad boy. Great photo of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one I really wanted to take home. And it was less than a hundred bucks! By the way, the guy in the last pic is not Richard but a colleague back here in Chicago. They do have a slight similarity, specifically in the head area. (:

      Delete
  5. When I read your Royal post I decided to read the one I missed. Those are some nice cabinets and such. Looks like you had a fine trip. I think if I were there I may have rented a truck and hauled some way to large for my house items home.

    ReplyDelete