Saturday, December 28, 2013

Auster's typewriter centerfold and a Jackalope review


















______________



And here's my review of Richard's new Jackalope Typewriter PadIt definitely does a great job muffling typewriter noise, in fact, much better than any makeshift pad I've used. The thickness and firmness are just right, and the texture of the felt provides a good grip so that the typewriter stays in place while typing. I tested it on the Studio 44 precisely because it has an odd footprint, and I found that the pad fits just about right. My one suggestion: more attractive color options if possible. Other than that, two thumbs up for the Jackalope!

__________




Finally, here are cool greeting cards that arrived by mail from Cincinnati and Switzerland. Thanks again, Richard and Florian!


* See my post on the other Auster book: Almost bewitched by Olympia SM9
* Typecast via Olivetti Valentine

12 comments:

  1. I liked that you found it at Powell's, its always great browsing there... and very nice postcards!

    best wishes for 2014 :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can spend a whole afternoon browsing there. Cheers to 2014!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your experience with the pad.

    The Auster book is a good discovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pad works well, have you decided to make it available at WordPlay?

      Delete
    2. Some pads from this first batch are available at WordPlay now. I look forward to more feedback before getting the next batch.

      Delete
  3. that centrefold makes me wonder if anyone ever wrote a series of typewriter children's books. "Thomas the Typewriter" instead of "Thomas the Tank Engine", "Coronas in Pyjamas" that type of thing. I'm sure someone must have. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a typewriter children's book I chanced upon but I couldn't remember what or where. Perhaps I can write something like "Olivetti beats Spaghetti!" Or maybe not. (:

      Delete
    2. Lettera Soup, I think you're onto something! (:

      Delete
    3. Perhaps you might be thinking of "Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type"? That's the only typewriter themed children's book that springs to mind, but it is a fairly popular one.

      Delete
  4. What a fun discovery! Also, Powell's, very dangerous place for me.

    ReplyDelete